Saturday 26 October 2013

Cockies in the backyard - Oct 2013

There are a lot of Sulphur Crested Cockatoos in our area. The other day I noticed one sitting on our fence and another on our neighbours roof. Thinking that this would be a great opportunity to get some close up pics, I ran inside, grabbed my camera, set some bird seed on a table in the backyard and waited. It didn't take long for curiosity to overcome the fear of me being so close to the food and soon two beautiful white Cockies were happily eating seeds right beside me.


Once they had had their fill they called out to their mates and soon after I had 5 more Cockies in my backyard. It was all going well until one cheeky Cocky decided to investigate the clothes line and started destroying the pegs. It was a cute photo op but when it started trying to untie the line I decided it was probably time they move on!






No comments:

Post a Comment